Contact our Social Services department:
Hours: 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday
WCCOA provides many services for the 60+ population of Wood County.
Click here for Ohio Advanced Directives paperwork: Medical Power of Attorney and Living Will
Our services include:
- Home delivered meals for homebound seniors.
- Medical transportation, Mon-Fri.
- Caregiver information and education.
- Loans of durable medical equipment: walkers, canes, crutches, commodes, etc.
- Homestead Tax Reduction forms.
- Home energy assistance applications.
- Golden Buckeye Card applications.
- Handicapped parking applications.
- Income Tax Preparation Assistance.
- Medicare Information
- Prescription assistance information.
- Blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol screening clinics. Current schedule can be found here.
- Health consultation.
- Referrals to support groups including: Living Through Loss, Caregiving, Parkinsons, Diabetic Interest.
- Referral to the following resources:
New: Project Lifesaver: A public safety program designed to protect and locate persons missing due to wandering. Please contact Social Services for more information at 1-800-367-4935 or 419-353-5661.
Our Social Services staff includes two Licensed Independent Social Workers, a Registered Nurse, one Home Delivered Meal Client Assessor and two Medical Escort Drivers.